August 21, 2007

Yesterday I got a fantastic phone call from Tammy, a manager with Hammack Management, and she informed me that I was hired as an apartment manager and would be starting on the 21st (today)!

I GOT A JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I started this morning at 9 a.m. and worked until 6 p.m. I work with this really nice guy named Mark, he's the apartment manager there. I'll be his assistant until I'm completely trained. He is a member of the church, has a wife and two daughters, 2 years old and 1 month old. The job was really easy and I picked it up really fast. So far I really like it.

For a while there I thought it was hopeless and I would never find a job, but I kept on praying and asking others to pray. I noticed, durring my unemployment, how when I really needed something, it would come to me. Like yesterday, I was thinking about how low I am on food and wondering how I was going to make it through the month, when my ex-husband stopped by and started bringing up grocery bags of food! Just out of no where! He explained that he's leaving for Iraq soon and doesn't want anything to go to waste. He even had a package of diapers in the bags! It was amazing, and it was an answer to a silent prayer in my heart. When I would need some time to myself, a friend would call and ask if she/he could take Sierra for me. It seemed that I never had to ask anyone, except Heavonly Father, for anything, they just gave out of the goodness of their hearts. I know that Heavonly Father sent the Holy Ghost to my friends and family, and He silently whispered what I needed to them. Thank goodness I have such wonderful people in my life. Sierra and I wouldn't have made it without their help and kindness.

A special thanks to my parents for always believing in me and always being willing to help without expecting anything in return. I love you both!

4 comments:

Jessica said...

That's so great about the job!! Yay, I bet you are so releived. I'm glad that Heavenly Father answered your prayers...it's amazing how he works through other people when we are in need. Love ya!!

Daisy said...

I am so happy for you!! Yay a job!!

I was so happy to hear about all the help you recieved. I only wish that I could be there to help you out as well. I love you!!

Daisy said...

I am so happy for you!! Yay a job!!

I was so happy to hear about all the help you recieved. I only wish that I could be there to help you out as well. I love you!!

Gina said...

I am happy to hear that Heavenly Father was answering your prayers and keeping you sane in those hard times. Congratulations on the job!

Love you so much!