September 08, 2007

playing w/ mommy

Isn't that picture precious! I caught her playing with her refridgerator magnets and she was laughing and having a good time. I love it when I can make her laugh. We have this throaty noise we make to eachother, and whenever she does it I do it and so on. It makes her laugh so hard when I make that noise. I always do it when I want her to smile for the camera. Lately I've been a little nostalgic because Sierra is growing so fast. I can almost see her getting taller! She's learning new things everyday and she suprises me with her knowledge all the time. Sometimes I think she's learning too much. She's already got the personality of a teenager and now she's learning the words to go along with it. I can see now why they call it the "terrible two's." It's frustrating for a parent, ecspecially a single parent, trying to learn what discipline works and what doesn't. Also, trying to balance discipline with love and not go crazy. Sierra doesn't really respond to any sort of discipline that I've tried yet. The distraction technique still works pretty good with her. Anyway, it's hard. I love her to death, but it's hard. If anyone has some suggestions on how to deal with a defiant 2 year old, I'm open.




2 comments:

Gina said...

She is cute... good thing. I have no advice... it takes forever for any discipline to set in no matter what you do. Just pick something and be consistent. Counting to 3 to give him a chance to do the right thing seems to work pretty often. If he doesn't do it on 3, then we have a time out or I make him do what I asked such as picking up something he threw or saying sorry for spitting, etc.

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness, she looks so big now. And I love her hair!!