October 30, 2007

She's 2 Now

Gina inspired me to write a few things that Sierra says or does that I think are precious.

Sierra turned two on October 5, 2005 and since then she has started saying "min" a.k.a. "mine." She doesn't just say it, she gives a dirty look to go with it. The other day I asked her to stop doing something and she told me "no, don dink so" (no, don't think so). She has also caught on to when I tell the kitty to not do stuff, like when he scratches at the doors. She tells him, "no, kitty, no, git down," very sternly. I thought it was precious when I sneezed the other day and she said, "bess Ooo."

Sierra loves to laugh and giggle. I wish I had a recording of her laugh, because it's not your typical toddler laugh. Her laugh sounds grown up. I love the way she gets right in my face and says "hi" then laughs. I also love that she's starting to want to snuggle with me. If I'm on the couch, she'll come up and lay her head on my lap and just snuggle with me. When she's laying down watching a video, she'll pat the pillow and gesture that I should lay next to her. Then she turns to face me and snuggles with me. She'll snuggle and talk about the video in her little language, it's so cute!

I don't want to forget to mention that, out of nowhere, Sierra can read and say the numbers 1-10. NO ONE taught her this, she just learned on her own. I think this proves that Baby Einstien works and isn't just a mindless video. My friends think that Sierra is one smart girl...so do I.
She's very unique and I couldn't have asked for a better kid!

2 comments:

Gina said...

She is cracking me up! Getting in your face and saying hi... Liam does that too! He doesn't laugh each time though, he just wants to say hey.

That is great she is counting like that! Liam got out of sequence today and said this... and I am not kidding:

One, Two, Three, Two, Toes, Silkie...

We were laughing so hard... I guess he loves his toes and silkies so much that he got side tracked.

Daisy said...

Gotta love the kids when they cuddle. When we are putting Cameryn to bed sometimes she pats our cheeks all sweet and soft and says goodnight. Kids are so funny when they are imitating us. Sometimes it reminds me that I need to be a better person too cause I don't want Cameryn saying what she just said.