March 13, 2006

Just Another Weekend


This weekend started out pretty bad, but it got a lot better. Nothing too exciting happened, at least not to anyone but myself. On Saturday I had the opportunity to do a friend a favor and babysit her children. I took Sierra along, which wasn't a good idea. She has two kids, McKayla, 8 yrs old, and Olivia, 11 months old. Olivia is a breast fed baby, which meant she wasn't keen on the idea of anyone but her mom feeding her.

The evening started out with my child screaming, unconsolably, which always makes for a good impression on the parents of the kids you're babysitting, when you can't even control your own child. So, before they left I called Justin and told him he had to come get Sierra, I couldn't handle 3 children at once. He relunctantly agreed to come pick her up. (Oh, you need to know at this point Justin and I were just getting over a BIG fight. We'd had a very good day together, but that's because the fight was on friday night, and we were on our best behavior Saturday.) Anyway, my friends left, Sierra was still there, and now Olivia was the one screaming. I guess she had realized her mom and dad were gone and she was left with me, a total stranger with no milk in my boobs. Luckily McKayla fed Sierra and calmed her down. She helped me to calm Olivia down also. Justin arrived a few hours later with a couple movies to watch. He had decided to stay with me there.

Unfortunately, Olivia seemed to be very frightened by Justin and every time he talked she would scream bloody murder. So, that began the trials of trying to get her to bed. She did end up going to sleep on my shoulder around 10 pm. Then Justin, me and McKayla played a board game and it was so fun. It was like we got to take a glimpse into the future and see what Sierra will be like when she's 8 years old. All in all, it worked out and we had fun, but that night I decided that 3 kids was just too many. We'll have 2 at the most.

1 comment:

Gina said...

Liam wore his baby einstein outfit like that yesterday! His is blue and no ruffles.