February 07, 2009

Night Time Woes

I still haven't picked up a new camera. Sierra has been frustrating me lately. I'll put her to bed and then she'll be all sneaky and turn her bathroom light on and read books and play. I'll notice the light on, go in and put her back to bed. Then later she'll do the same thing. This happens 2-4 times a night. Sometimes, in the morning, I'll go in her room and she'll have fallen asleep playing with her toys with the bathroom light on. I've tried a variety of punishments but none work. I would totally just let her read herself to sleep, but she'll stay up til 3 in the morning if I do that. Besides, she's totally disobeying me and she doesn't even care. I took Elly away from her last night. She wasn't to happy about it, but I still found her asleep on the floor with the light on in the morning. Darn little girl!! She's so sneaky and defiant!

Any suggestions??

4 comments:

Gina said...

That really sucks with the bedtime defiance. I find that when Liam goes to bed at 7:30 on the nose, we have less problems. The later he goes to bed, the more of a "second wind" he has and fights it. So my advice is an earlier bed time if you can possibly do that.

Daisy said...

I wish I had a suggestion for you but I don't. We gave Cameryn a small tap light that she likes to read with. Usually she'll put it away after we give her a few books to read but sometimes she falls asleep with it on and in her hand with her face on a book. I do like Gina's suggestion of the earlier bed times. That works great for us too.

Lynelle said...

I agree with your sister about the earlier bedtime thing. Same with our kids, the later the more they fight it. I also lay in bed with Alexis till she is asleep. I know it's crazy but I can't relax until they are asleep. I find if I can get her to relax and hold still for 5 mintues then she will be out.

Lynelle said...

Maybe also no naps? Alexis is 3 and a half with no naps because that just makes bedtime harder, so taking the naps out and yeah I just lay with her for a bit and sing some songs and she is out in 15 minutes or less.