April 07, 2006


4/7/06
My goodness time sure does fly by! It seems just yesterday Sierra was a helpless, tiny girl that could barely open her eyes. She's exactly 6 months old now and I can't believe the rate at which she is growing! It seems impossible that she's grown 4 inches longer and 8 pounds heavier. But, I'm loving every day that I get the sastifaction of seeing her beautiful smile when I pick up or talk to her.

This week I'm in Utah working and Sierra has been staying with my good friend, Lindsey Eugster (Tross), durring the work day. I was really worried that she wouldn't behave for Lindsey, but she has been a doll all week long. She loves Lindsey's children! When they run and play around her she just giggles and laughs at them. It's been exciting watching her reaction to the 3 kids. It makes me want to have another child, soon, just so Sierra can be entertained.

Sierra has learned so much since birth, she is sitting up on her own, rolling over, reaching for things, grasping ahold of them. She's laughing so much and smiling all the time. She's really aware of her surroundings and just loves to watch people and things around her.

I will never forget this half year and the way Sierra has changed my life and my way of thinking. I love it when she smiles at me and coos and caws, the way she grabs my face or softly runs her fingers through my hair, her laugh that makes me fill with a tremendous amount of joy, her amazingly blue eyes and the way they tear up when she's upset. I love the way she entertains herself while I'm still sleeping and how she cocks her head to look at me when I enter her room in the morning, always greeting me with a BIG smile and maybe a few baby words. I love feeling her soft hair under my chin when she rests her head on my chest and rocking her to sleep when she just can't get there on her own. I think its sweet the way she stands on my lap, smiles, open mouthed, then leans forward to snuggle before doing it all over again.

Sierra is a dream come true and a wonderful blessing. I thank Heavenly Father for every day that I have with her. I can't believe that I created such a wonderful little human being. She is perfect!

Happy Half Year Bir!

No comments: