April 11, 2006



Gina came to Layton, UT to visit me and our friend, Lindsey, while I was out there on Reserve weekend. We had a lovely chili dinner and our babies got to play together. To the side here is a wonderful picture of Liam (5 1/2 months) and Sierra (6 months) smiling together. After visiting with Gina and seeing Liam I'm very grateful that we had our children so close together. Now I can relate to her problems and her joys of motherhood. Sierra and Liam will grow together and be able to be good friends because of their close age (20 days apart). It's so funny how different they look. Liam is a beautiful porcelein white with bright blue eyes and fluffy white hair. Sierra is more tan, and getting darker by the week, with long, reddish-brown hair and navy blue eyes. She looks a lot like me, but she definately has her dads eye-brows,

nose and skin. Liam is the spitting image of Gina, except those blue eyes. He has the most plump and wonderful lips...the girls are going to go crazy for!

Well, I'm back in Idaho now. Home to an empty house because Justin has left for Arizone, where he'll be the next 6 months (possibly 9 months). He is at Luke AFB training to be a Weapons Director. He was really looking forward to the class (and I'm sure he was looking forward to some time off from being a husband and father). Sierra and I plan to visit him at least once a month, starting in July. On Sunday, the 16th of Apr., we're flying to Indiana. I have to leave Sierra there with my parents for 7 weeks. I'll be leaving for a TDY at Keesler AFB in Mississippi for 7 weeks. I'm sure Sierra will have fun with my mom and dad, but I'm really getting nervous about leaving her. I know I'm going to miss a lot of growing in that time. She may even start to crawl out there. There's not much I can do though, work is work and I have to go.

No comments: