September 11, 2006

Cat Pee

I have never given up on a cat before...nor have I ever given one of my cats away, but I am on the verge of doing that right now! The past few weeks my cat, Bonnie, who I've had for a year now, has been peeing on my bed and couch. She pees right where I'll notice it. Cat urine has the most pungeant smell and that smell does not go away. . .even after cleaning 20 times! My entire couch is covered in cat urine! My bed has about four large cat urine spots on it. I'm calling the upholstery cleaners tomorrow and I'm driving Bonnie to the Humane Society. I'm not proud of the fact I'm giving up on a beloved family member, but I can't live this way. I actually have to sleep on my blow-up bed tonight, because my actual bed smells like urine.

Bonnie, I love you, but you're obviously not happy here, so you must GO.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Oh, Heidi. I'm so sorry! Bonnie was a sweet girl but you definitely can't live like that! It's not sanitary! :) How is your internship going???

Gina said...

Sorry to wake you tonight. I just wanted to make sure you hadn't gotten rid of her yet. Orion was doing the same stuff and it was a UTI (Urinary Tract Infection). Cats don't do weird stuff like that if everything is right. She is obviously sick. I am sorry I didn't know sooner so I could suggest this. Good luck!