July 27, 2007

I don't have any pictures to share and I'm sorry. But, as always, Sierra did something cute today. I was feeling a bit tired and down today and I was laying on the couch being lazy when Sierra handed me a dirty, stinky diaper and said "die" (meaning diaper). I told her to put the "die" in the trash please. She walked to the kitchen and I heard her trying to open the lid then I heard a bang, so I assumed that she had thrown the diaper away. She came back past me with a triumphant smile and I said thank you. Later on, like 3 or 4 hours later, I started to notice a poopy smell. Which isn't that wierd because we dump the diapers in our normal trash can, but usually the lid keeps the smell in pretty good. Well, I didn't think to much of it and continued making dinner. I opened the lower cupboard to grab a pan and noticed the diaper neatly stacked on the pans. I couldn't help but laugh because I could just see the picture of her struggling with the trash lid then giving up and deciding to put the diaper in the cupboard. But, because she's my girl, my OCD child, she had to stack the diaper on the pans nice and neat. What a good helper!

She just cracks me up sometimes. Tony makes me smile to. I just started to notice that he is always watching over Sierra. He's always around her, in the same room or just outside the room that she's in. He even likes to sleep in her room and he tries to sneak in there when I'm putting her to bed. He doesn't really snuggle up with her or anything, but it's cute how he's like her little daddy. He gets this perturbed looked on his face when she hugs him or lays with him, but he doesn't try to get away. He's just patient, like a dad, and just lets her have her fun. Today, she was swatting at his stomach and he didn't move. He would just make a biting motion towards her hand, but when he got close he would stop. Then he would look at her in this stern way, like he was saying, "no no baby, that's not nice." She, of course, continued to swat him and then laugh out loud. He finally nipped her, she whined, and then he got up and moved two inches to the left. Just enough for her to not be able to reach him. I watched this and just giggled to myself. They are so funny! Those darn kids!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a funny little girl and such a special cat to be so patient and loving towards a baby/toddler!

Anonymous said...

I am so grateful for our time together last weekend. My clients all asked about my family when I visited. Of course I told them how cute Liam and Sirrea play together.